Sunday, August 3, 2008

Congratulations Terra and Mike

To start off, one good thing about this wedding for me was that I could talk! I got sick earlier in the week. I sounded by a frog by Wednesday and had totally lost my voice by Thursday. I spent all of Friday sleeping and resting so I’d be in good shape for Saturday night. I woke up Saturday morning and my (somewhat hoarse) voice was back – hooray! (Although I like to think it was kind of sexy, like Demi Moore… Ha ha) I spent the reception sucking on cough drops, just in case my throat thought about doing the disappearing act again.

The reception was held at the Petroleum Club, which has a fantastic view of downtown Houston. Terra and Mike’s wedding colors were white and a beautiful shade of turquoise blue (I think it’s called “Pool”). The blue accents were on place cards and in the chair ties. Also, the floral centerpieces were gorgeous. The room was so pretty!

Terra and Mike had a signature blue cocktail during the cocktail hour, and it matched their colors perfectly. I found out the drink is called a Blue Paradise. Mike had a big surprise for Terra, as he had planned the whole honeymoon and she didn’t know a thing about it. So, right before the first dance, he read a poem he had written that revealed the honeymoon destination: St. Lucia! Way to go Mike (and great poem too!) Then, the newlyweds had an anniversary dance, and the longest married couple in the room was Mike’s Grandparents, who have been married for 64 years. Isn’t that awesome? What a great example they are setting for all young newlyweds.

Dancing was fun, as usual! The guests had a great time jumping up and down to “Jessie’s Girl” and “Tonight and the Rest of My Live” (all the Bride’s and Groom’s friends were in on it, so there must be some kind of special meaning behind these songs – it was fun to watch!) At one point, of their guests did the snake. He could move! The “Cha Cha Slide” packed the floor and so did “Shout”. “Don’t Stop Believing” had everyone singing along (at the top of their lungs, of course), 2 weeks in a row. We even had some mean air-guitaring going on! The biggest partier and dancer of them all was the Groom, Mike. He was running all over the floor, dancing, jumping around, and having a blast! We love watching Brides and Grooms having so much fun – it makes us enjoy our job even more. (And to meet Mike, you’d never suspect that beneath that sweet exterior was the life of every party.)

So finally, after the guests showered the newlyweds with petals as they made their exit, the night was over. We had another fun wedding, with another great couple. Enjoy your honeymoon in St. Lucia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment