Monday, July 21, 2008

Congratulations Phuong and Doug

What can I say, Phuong was gorgeous, Doug was handsome, the flowers were amazing (I loved, loved, them. The room smelled heavenly!), the cake was looked incredible (and I mean incredible!), and everything was fantastic! In Vietnamese tradition, there was a seven course seated meal, the bride and groom visited each table to thank the guests and take pictures, and they had a traditional Vietnamese ceremony (we weren’t a part of that). It was so nice to see Phuong, Doug, and their families embrace each other’s cultures.

This reception was something different for me, when I introduced some of the bride’s family members. That wasn’t the unusual part: it was that their names were Vietnamese! With Phuong’s help and lots of practice, I think (hope?) I pulled it off. But next time, I think I’d better leave names like that to someone who speaks the language. ha ha

Sometimes when you have the blending of families that come from different cultures and speak different languages, it can be tough. But not with these families! They laughed and danced and had a great time like they’ve known each other forever. You can tell that Phuong and Doug really enjoy each other’s culture and family, and it was great to see. Best wishes to the newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment